Some recipes from my menu...

I recently had someone ask me how I make my BBQ Chicken Pizza. I don't necessarily have a recipe, but I will explain how I make it.

I make my own pizza dough, but ready made crusts will work in a pinch. I then add BBQ sauce, whatever we have at the time. How much to use depends on individual tastes. To make this a quick dinner, I use canned chicken (drained of course!). Normally one large can will suffice for one pizza. (The pizza does taste better with regular chunked chicken, but... that takes more time to cook the chicken and cut it all up.) I then top it off with cheese. I normally use mild cheddar, but colby-jack is good also. You could add vegetables of your choice like peppers or sliced tomatoes. My family is picky, so I keep it very simple.

I cook my pizza, using my Pizzazz pizza oven, on the dual setting for about 13 minutes. They come out perfect!

...That gives me an idea for a product review!...


The next recipe I would like to share is my Sweet and Sour Sauce. I'm one for making quick and easy meals. I used to make Sweet and Sour Chicken the old way; I would batter and fry the chicken. Then a wonderful little light bulb went off in my head...Now I use chicken nuggets. That cuts off about 45 minutes of time! Woohoo!!! I'm all for saving time. Now I put the nuggets (I actually use Great Value Chicken Breast Chunks) in the oven, start the rice (minute rice saves time too.), and then start the sauce. From start to finish, this recipe only takes me about 30 minutes to make and that includes the prep time.
Okay, now for the recipe...


1 green bell pepper chunked
1 1/4c sugar
1c chicken broth
3/4c white vinegar
1 Tbsp oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4c cornstarch
1/4c cold water
1 can (about 8 oz.) pineapple chunks drained


Heat the sugar, chicken broth, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, and garlic to boiling in 2qt sauce pan.

Mix cornstarch and water together,

Slowly add to sauce pan, constantly stirring .

Cook and stir for about 10 seconds or until thickened.

Add peppers and pineapple.

Heat until boiling.

Pour over chicken and rice. Enjoy!!


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,