Sunday Boiled Dinner Recipe.

Motivated by Organizing Junkie I decided to use my cookbooks for menu planning this week. I want to share with you the recipe for tonights dinner...Sunday Boiled Dinner. My husbands family, from Maine, calls it New England Boiled Dinner. Either way...here's the recipe:


1 fully cooked boneless ham ( about 2 lbs.)
1 med onion...quartered.
1 lb red potato...I use about 5 halved.
1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1 in. cubes.
4 sm/med turnips...quartered.
1 lb carrots...I use 3 handfuls of baby carrots.
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 sm/med head of cabbage...halved.

I place the first eight ingredients in my slow cooker and add water...enough to cover the vegetables. Then I place the cabbage on top of everything. Place the lid and cook on low for at least 8 hours.

If you forgot to start the crock pot, you can bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Then place the cabbage on top of the root veggies. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for an hour. Or until the veggies are tender.
ENJOY!!!

Labels: