Blog Widget by LinkWithin

How did you celebrate Earth Day?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Earth Day! How did you spend your Earth Day? Horribly enough, I spent mine indoors. I did some cleaning and organized my poor laundry room. It was so cluttered with 'homeless' items, that you had to wade through to get to the washer and dryer. Not anymore though! You can now see the floor and everything found a home. Well, I guess I did manage to get my tomato seeds started!

The highlight of my day was my son. He normally is. All afternoon he was frantic because it was Earth Day and he kept insisting that we needed to go to the recycling center so he could recycle something...anything on Earth Day. (He's only 4!) He was too cute! I know, I probably should have taken him...

We did some recycling of our own though. We made our own planters!! I will share this wonderful tip later in May. Which by the way, during May I will be focusing mainly on gardening tips.

Have a good night everyone!





9 comments:

Lisha said...

Hey just tell him what I told Noah, we can celebrate Earth Day EVERY DAY :) So we are going to the recycling center today. Noah and I also cleaned up the creek behind our house. There was a lot of garbage down there from the floods last year. So we spent an hour picking up garbage :)

Casey (EcOnomical Mom) said...

XR is always on a recycling kick. He checks everything...and I mean EVERYTHING :-o to see if it has "The Symbol". I had wanted to get outside to do some gardening, but it rained. :(

Congrats on getting all of that accomplished!!

Together We Save said...

We had a great Earth Day. Weather here was beautiful and after church and softball games my daughter and I walked around the neighborhood picking us plastic bottles and cans for recycling. I was shocked to see how many there were.

Casey (EcOnomical Mom) said...

It really is amazing how many people are disrespectful to our environment! I'm glad you had a wonderful and productive day!

Krystyn said...

My daughter picked up trash with her class at preschool.

SwapSavers said...

I got my free tote from Walgreens--yeah!

Casey (EcOnomical Mom) said...

Congratulations...I love getting free totes!

Yanic said...

WE had a wonderful Earth Day : we had a 3 step plan that included carbon free transportation, raw foods and our home stayed free of electronics all day. There was little we could do for work (I can't imagine my bosses being too happy with me when I would tell them I couldn't work because it was Earth Day) but we did the most we could.

We try to make everyday Earth Day, but it's always a great way to think up new ways!

Casey (EcOnomical Mom) said...

Awesome!!!:D Sounds like you had a great day. I'm really glad to hear other people say that everyday is Earth Day!! If only more people felt that way!

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Home & Garden Business Directory - BTS Local Free Page Rank Tool

Design by EcOnomical Mom

Back to the Beginning