Dinner: Grilled Shrimp w/ Chow Mein Noodles in Black Bean Sauce & Sugar Snap Pea Stir-fry veggies.
Dinner: Quick and Easy Individual Meatloaves with noodles and carrots.
Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
Dinner: Pasta Night.
Dinner: Sweet and Sour Chicken
Dinner: Left Over's Day
Dinner: EATING OUT!!
Last week I grilled Pineapple Ham Steaks. I had one of those moments...I went to the cupboard and found that I didn't have any pineapple. NONE...
My husband tends to give me those looks when I 'create' supper.
So, I whipped up this concoction with a bit of hesitation. To my delight, EVERYONE loved it. My dad even complimented me on the taste...and my dad does NOT compliment food or cooking. Since it went over soo well, I thought I would share it with everyone.
Casey's Grilled Ham Glaze
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used smooth, but chunky would probably be good too!)
- 1/4 cup pineapple (I poured the juice into a different container and got the 'thick juice' that settles on the bottom.Pureed pineapple would work great too!)
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste (Since this was my first time using paste, I kept tasting the sauce until it tasted right. I normally use ground ginger and for that it would probably be about 1/8 tsp.)
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 2 Dashes of Allspice
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Brush on the glaze every time you turn the ham.
- Cook until done and enjoy. :)