Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezee Menu Plan...plus an exciting new desert recipe!

I have to confess, the only thing exciting about this week's menu plan is my new desert recipe! Things, as always, did not go as planned, so I was able to move meals from last week to this week. I love when this happens! I really do. It save me even more time. I have always cherished time, but now that my son has gone into the big kindergarten; I cherish it even more!
Now onto this week's plan...


Monday
Dinner: Chili with White Cornbread Bake.
Tuesday
Dinner: (Pizza Night) White Bacon Pizza
Wednesday
Dinner: (Crock Pot Night) Sunday Wednesday Boiled Dinner
Thursday
Dinner: (Pasta Night) Dad's Choice.
Friday
Dinner: Sweet & Sour Chicken, White Rice, and Broccoli.
Saturday
Lunch: Left Over's Lunch 
Dinner: Individual Meatloaves, Home Made Mashed Potatoes, and Home Canned Green Beans.
Sunday 
Lunch: BLT's made with wonderful turkey bacon! 
Dinner: Breaded Tilapia, Sun Dried Tomato Pilaf, and Cauliflower

While at a craft show back in the fall, two ladies made this amazing, delectable desert. They were little pieces of chocolate heaven; a wonderful, crisp outer coating with a moist, melt-in-your-mouth chocolaty center. I was hooked. Months went by and I forgot all about these little pieces of heaven. Then miraculously, while searching for new recipes on AllRecipes, I came across a recipe for them!  Now for the exciting part of this post...my new (found) desert recipe!!! I hope everyone enjoys these as much as I do!

Cake Balls...makes about 36.

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
  2. Melt chocolate coating in a double broiler, a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water; stirring occasionally until smooth.
  3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.
This recipe is SOOO easy to make and easily tweaked. For Valentine's Day, I am using a strawberry cake mix and strawberry icing. I haven't decided whether to use a regular chocolate coating or white chocolate. What do you think?



Labels: , , , ,